I adoreeee having delicious healthy meals at the ready within 5 minutes of hunger striking. And this bad boy recipe does not disappoint.
Feel free to adjust the portions, chilli etc as you see fit!
The below recipe will make a mild, flavourful, peanut buttery dish. I’ve been thoroughly enjoying it and I really hope you do to! 🙂
You can check out the video recipe by clicking here!
Makes: 7 meals
Takes: 35 minutes
Lasts: Should store for 2 to 3 days in fridge and
4 weeks in freezer depending
- 600g chicken breast thinly sliced
- 500g washed long grain white rice
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 3 servings of tender stem broccoli
- 4 servings of whole leaf spinach
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 sliced red onion
- 2 stock cubes(chicken or maggi)
- 3 heaped table spoons of smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Boil the washed white rice in salted hot water
- Using a, non stick large frying pan, heat some fry light spray
- Add sliced onions, the red chilli and chicken and fry until slightly browned
- Dissolve the two stock cubes in some hot water (to make stock water) and add to pan
- Add peanut butter, lemon juice and thyme
- Add 1 cup of hot water until at desired, (sauce like) consistency
- Leave to simmer until chicken is cooked and add salt and pepper to taste
- Boil broccoli until slightly undercooked / still crunchy (this is to avoid over cooked vegetables as you will be reheating these me and and thus cooking further)
- Serve rice and chicken into desired portions – add broccoli to 3 meals, spinach to 4
- Leave to cool completely before adding the fresh spinach and storing in fridge or freezer. When I prep I usually eat one for dinner, store two in the fridge and freeze four
Make sure you tag me in pics / let me know if you make it! I’d love to know what you thought of it 🙂
I rate this one a delicious 9.16/10, wbu?!