Ooo it’s Easter! The celebration of God loving you so much that He sent His son to die for your sins so that you can have and awesome relationship with Him, perfect peace and joy and love and what better way to mark a really significant world changing event that with these delicious vanilla cupcakes?
I can’t tell if that’s sarcastic or not. I am honestly unsure what baking has to do with Easter, but hey – I love any chance to bake so I’LL TAKE IT.
These cupcakes are easy, light and fluffy and will put a smile on anyones face. Ready?
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 200g self raising flour
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons of Greek yoghurt
- Mini Eggs
- Ready made Vanilla Buttercream OR DIY
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 500g icing powder aka icing sugar aka confectioners sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- Beat the softened butter with an electric mixer until it’s white, light and fluffy
- Add the sugar and repeat
- Add the eggs, vanilla essence and 1 tablespoon of the flour and mix
- Sieve in the rest of the flour and a pinch of salt and continue to mix
- Divide the cake mix into 12 cupcake holders
- Cook on 150 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a tooth pic comes out clean
- If you’re making your own buttercream you can do this while the cupcakes are in the oven! Beat the butter with and electric mixer until its suuuuuuuper white and fluffy. Add in the icing sugar (a tiny bit at a times to avoid a powder explosion/sugar coated kitchen.) Add the milk and vanilla and either pipe or spoon the delicious buttercream onto the cakes once they are cool!
I went for an ombre rose icing with a mini egg to top, but you can totally style these however you’d like! If you’d like to learn how I do the ombre icing then click HERE to watch my video tutorial (coming soon, editing videos takes a while sooory). I also used some edible glitter spray to make them really POP
Are you gonna make these?!
Don’t forget to tag me if you do – @DrSaraSienna! And Happy Easter!