These banana and apple muffins are super easy, healthy, fun and most importantly delicious. A brag worthy rating of 8.84
I love to bake a large batch ( I double up on the recipe below) and pop them in the freezer. If I know I’ve got a busy day ahead, I’ll take some out to defrost the night before or microwave them in the morning for a hot delicious breakfast.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 apple – diced
- 1 banana – mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinammon
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 table spoon sunflower oil (optional)
- 3 table spoons of self raising flour
- 3 tables spoons of oats
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- Pre- heat your oven to 170 degrees and grease a muffin tray – or line up 6 muffin cases on a tray.
- Put the diced apple and a teaspoon of cinnamon in a microwaveable bowl – stir so that the apples are covered in the cinnamon and add a dash of water
- Heat the cinnamon covered apples in the microwave for 1 to two minutes until soft-ish. Set aside to cool
- Mash the banana in a large bowl
- Add in the eggs and mix em up
- Fold in the sifted flour, along with the oats, salt, baking powder and vanilla essence
- Fold in the cooled (ish) apple chunks
- Put a couple tablespoons of mix in each muffin case and put the tray in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the delicious muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when poked in the middle of one.
Serve and enjoy!
Let me know what you think!
XOXO Dr Saz